The Most Feared Individual On The Planet
Woman’s Month - The History
…mmm let’s make it HERSTORY this time!
Every country commemorates its own version of Women’ Month during August every year. In South Africa, herstory dates back to 1956 when 20 000 women marched to the Union Buildings on 9 August to protest against Pass Laws to women.
This year the campaign theme is #ChooseToChallenge and if you want to feel part of the sisterhood on the 9th of August 2021, no matter where you are, wear something purple.
Besides nobility, dignity and independence, purple symbolizes magic, wisdom and mystery, giving deserved praise to the beautiful beings we call women.
This part is written with a touch of lightness and inspired to make all ladies feel precious and also goofy for a while, so here goes:
WE WOMEN AND OUR MEN …
Oscar Wilde said that women are made to be loved and not understood. But we don’t get what is not to be understood…
Some quotes to enjoy
- We don't actually wear matching bras and panties all the time. Shocking, we know. Nicole Lee
- Where do we put on perfume? Where we wish to be kissed.
- Puppy eyes will get you just about everything. Actual puppies will get you even more. Carly Hansen
- We like our heroes flawed. That way, they can rescue us, but it gives us room to rescue them, too. Beth Young Margulies
- We love five o’ clock shadows, aesthetically, because we all have an Indian Jones complex. But they hurt like a motherfucker. Emma Backe (this quote is not edited as the writer understands this one very well)
- You think lesbians are hot; we think gay guys are willing to shop, clean up after themselves, and keep up on gossip. You have your fantasies; we have ours. Katharine Francis
- We pluck hairs out of places you would never imagine. It's probably best that you don't know all the locations. Kelly Carney
- We find your inability to ask for directions or go to the doctor every bit as bewildering as you find our inability to pass by a shoe sale. Pat Morrissey
- Most of us have considered a threesome. Just not with our boyfriends. Melanie Smeltzer
- A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle. Gloria Steinem
- Don't comment on our driving. There's a reason your insurance is more expensive. Diane Vadnal
And a few cute ones from the guys
- What I don’t understand is how women can pour hot wax on their bodies, let it dry, then rip out every single hair by its root and still be scared of spiders. Jerry Seinfeld
- Scientists now believe that the primary biological function of breasts is to make men stupid. Dave Barry
- Women are definitely more interested in muscles than a sense of humour. You will never hear a woman say, “I wish Brad Pitt would put his shirt back on and tell some jokes.” Dave Barry
WOMAN ARE UNIQUE AND FUN CREATURES
We all know what a woman looks like…the lots or littles of curves, the fashion, the hair, lips and nails…oh and the shoes.
But let’s look at some bewitching titbits that make a woman unique…
Did you know that Sir Isaac Newton was an 84-year-old virgin when he died? mmm but a woman still beat him to it and no, it’s not Mother Theresa at 87 but one Clara Meadmore. When she was 12 years old Clara decided she would never marry or have sex. She lived till 2011 and died a virgin at age 108.
An interesting story about orgasms…at the Centre for Marital and Sexual Studies in California, doctors have recorded a lady that experienced 134 orgasms in one hour. The record holder for men was 16, still rather impressive but 134 orgasms in 1 hour…omw!
We know a vagina is one of a woman’s strongest organs but Tatyana Kozhevnikova thought to put it to the test in 2009. She set a world record for lifting 14kg with her vagina. The weight was attached to a wooden egg for her vaginal muscles to squeeze around. Also in 2009, at a Masturbate-a-thon in Denmark, a woman was recorded ejaculating a distance of 3m. What a year!
Men’s swimwear comes in two styles: hunk-style and speedos. Women’s come in two styles too: depressing and more depressing. Say no more
In the Tuareg matriarchal society of North Africa, women don’t wear veils, the men do! Now this sounds kind of hot!
A man will spend R100 on a R50 item he needs…a woman will spend R50 on a R100 item that she doesn’t need but it was on sale. You just never know when that bargain comes in handy
A British study found that the average man looked in the mirror 23 times a day, women 16 times. Looking at our reflections in shop windows, glass doors, silver kettles and even our shadows doesn’t count.
The brains of men are 9% larger than those of women but both have the same amount of brain cells. Women’s brain cells are denser because we can hold it together better…like multi-tasking.
Where would a man be without a woman? Still in the garden of Eden, eating apples and teaching the snake fetch.
Time to talk a little serious now…
THE MAKINGS OF A STRONG WOMAN
When you read this and think - I am not strong, you are so wrong!
Women are powerfully wired, even in their weakest moments. But sometimes it requires a “cut to the bone” for a woman to recognise the strength of her wiring.
In clearing your mind of the “clouds of can’t”, you might wake up to see the face of a woman, that looks like she’s swallowed the sun!
“The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” - Mohadesa Najumi. The moment you understand this profound quote, will be one of the most liberating moments of your life, one where you can be calm and confident to say “I am enough”.
#ChooseToChallenge is the campaign theme this year and it is important to stand up for gender equality and address sexism, patriarchy, ageism etc. but we also live in an era where the word woman no longer simply applies to daughters of Eve and is loaded with layers of interpretation and identities.
Regardless of interpretation, our message from Seeds of Kindness for women’s month and forever after is for women to challenge themselves. If you’ve hit rock bottom, make that the solid foundation on which to rebuild your life and even if slow, it’s about taking one step at a time and keep going!
Whatever your dream may be…quit your job to start your own business or get out of a bad relationship, change the dream into creating the plan. It is never too late but dang, if it is, change the plan.
And it’s also in the small things we can do that makes a world of difference to other women.
- Look out for each other and be the woman you needed as a girl
- To have a soft heart in this cruel world is not weak but courageous
- Sometimes a break is the gift to change someone’s’ whole world, gift graciously
- Compliment other women and mean it, smile a lot
- Obey the rules but learn them like a pro to bend them like an artist, if needed.
“A strong woman stands up for herself. A stronger woman stands up for everyone else.” Unknown
We all need a hero, so that’s what we will become…have a wonderful Women’s Month girl-friends!